PHASE 1: COMPLETED
PHASE 2: IN DEVELOPMENT
This historic church was built in 1891 in the long tradition of the Northern Baptists. After worshiping in this structure for nearly 125 years, a waning congregation and rising maintenance costs spurred the search for a new owner. In 2014, the Baptists sold to Liberti Church and its growing congregation. Liberti then rented the space back to the Baptists, so the Baptists members could continue to worship in the building that had been their home for so many years. The infrastructure of the Church is being completely upgraded, while the historic elements are receiving restoration and preservation. Included in the improvements are all new Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing infrastructures. A new bathroom, elevator and stairs provide ADA accessibility and improved ingress and egress. New kitchens, classrooms and community spaces will benefit the congregation’s day-to-day operations, as well as their ministry’s presence in the Philadelphia community. The renovations at Liberti Church were awarded “Best Historic Preservation Project" by GBCA.